One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unwilling to talk or impart information.‘he was noncommunicative, withdrawn in class, wary of others’
uncommunicative, secret, unforthcoming, reticent, taciturn, silent, non-communicative, quiet, tight-lipped, close-mouthed, close, playing one's cards close to one's chest, clamlike, reserved, introvert, introverted, self-contained, discreetView synonyms
- ‘We have one student who is non-communicative who also has some behavioural difficulties.’
- ‘When they do go on tour they are usually hidden by their laptops and non-communicative with the fans.’
- ‘They miss being at home, they miss their families, and this can result in a child becoming withdrawn, non-communicative and depressed.’
- ‘I was unlucky enough to get stuck between a non-communicative girl and a man who was, to put it nicely, flowing over the shared armrest.’
- ‘The insecure manager or the non-communicative manager will generally fail with this approach.’
- ‘Can I just point out that I'm the quiet, cautious, business-like, non-communicative, serious, boring type, as well as being her boss.’
- ‘Don't expect her to be flattered by non-communicative behavior; she expects you to talk to her.’
- ‘One of my patients is 91 years of age, resides in a nursing home and is bedridden and non-communicative.’
- ‘One of the biggest issues we face is non-communicative people in media departments who feel it's not their job to let you know what you're facing.’
- ‘The big differences between my wife and I often resulted in some similar non-communicative situations early in our relationship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.