One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a section of a nucleic acid molecule) not directing the production of a peptide sequence.
- ‘Here we propose an approach to the study of the rate of evolution of functional non-coding sequences at a macro-evolutionary scale.’
- ‘The functions of these non-coding nucleic acid sequences are only partly understood.’
- ‘The rare mutations - which are changes in the non-coding portion of its DNA - can serve as markers, which can distinguish peoples.’
- ‘For neo-Darwinism, new functional genes either arise from non-coding sections in the genome or from pre-existing genes.’
- ‘He also said that mutations in non-coding portions of the gene, which control regulation, could also render it nonfunctional, which tends to push the number upward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.