One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an offense) not punishable by death.
- ‘The military commission is confirmed as having authority to try even the most serious non-capital offenses with trial panels of only three officers.’
- ‘He will face non-capital charges before a general court-martial at Travis Air Force Base in California, according to the Air Force.’
- ‘Last week, it was announced that he and five of the policemen involved will be charged for non-capital murder tomorrow.’
- ‘This morning I heard on the news that Adams and five other officers will be charged with non-capital murder.’
- ‘In early 1995, the offence of which the author was convicted was classified as non-capital murder, and his death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment on 16 March 1995.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.