One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These traits of radical innocence and non-belligerence get him into plenty of trouble in the course of the story.’
- ‘A shamefaced request to Berlin for the eighteen million tons of strategic raw materials ostensibly needed before Italy could fight excused Mussolini's decision to announce Italy's ‘non-belligerence’.’
- ‘So strong was the latter consideration that Mussolini preferred to talk of Italian ‘non-belligerence’ and not of neutrality, which was considered a sign of weakness.’
- ‘International observers have been more successful once peace or non-belligerence has been established.’
- ‘The neutrality or ‘non-belligerence’ of all these states was swept away by Hitler's seemingly unstoppable tide of victories in 1940 and 1941.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.