One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a device) operated by human control, rather than automatically or electronically.‘the side entrance involves a long, narrow hallway with nonautomatic doors and stairs’
hand-operated, hand, non-automaticView synonyms
- ‘The side entrance, where you can easily leave a car while you go fetch your luggage, involves a long, narrow corridor with non-automatic doors and stairs.’
- ‘If it were up to me, mathematics, cold-calling, my daughter's current headmistress and non-automatic cars would be outlawed entirely.’
- ‘Pistols are not covered in the agreement and neither are non-automatic, long-barrelled weapons such as a shotgun or a hunting rifle.’
- ‘The commissioner's office issues licenses for certain specified non-automatic guns.’
- ‘Here we tackle our first non-automatic locks (with strong-arm tactics) and cruise upstream between banks of willow herb, yellow water lilies and ragwort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.