One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a device) operated by human control, rather than automatically or electronically.‘the side entrance involves a long, narrow hallway with nonautomatic doors and stairs’
hand-operated, hand, non-automaticView synonyms
- ‘Here we tackle our first non-automatic locks (with strong-arm tactics) and cruise upstream between banks of willow herb, yellow water lilies and ragwort.’
- ‘If it were up to me, mathematics, cold-calling, my daughter's current headmistress and non-automatic cars would be outlawed entirely.’
- ‘The side entrance, where you can easily leave a car while you go fetch your luggage, involves a long, narrow corridor with non-automatic doors and stairs.’
- ‘The commissioner's office issues licenses for certain specified non-automatic guns.’
- ‘Pistols are not covered in the agreement and neither are non-automatic, long-barrelled weapons such as a shotgun or a hunting rifle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.