Something that is not art or that rejects the conventional forms or methods of art.‘true art disturbs the boundaries between art and nonart’
- ‘Almost the last contact I had with him was after I'd written something to the effect that the membrane which once seemed to separate art from non-art was now entirely permeable.’
- ‘It doesn't seem enough to say that in these cases the difference between art and non-art becomes difficult to determine or even nonexistent.’
- ‘Curator Susan Vogel of the Center for African Art in New York arranged an exhibit in 1988 entitled Art/artifact, using varied display techniques to provoke visitors to ponder distinctions between art and non-art.’
- ‘We could then choose to separate art from non-art dogmatically, or by popular opinion.’
- ‘Judd criticizes Morris for pushing too far into the realm of non-art.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.