One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that is not art or that rejects the conventional forms or methods of art.‘true art disturbs the boundaries between art and nonart’
- ‘Judd criticizes Morris for pushing too far into the realm of non-art.’
- ‘Curator Susan Vogel of the Center for African Art in New York arranged an exhibit in 1988 entitled Art/artifact, using varied display techniques to provoke visitors to ponder distinctions between art and non-art.’
- ‘It doesn't seem enough to say that in these cases the difference between art and non-art becomes difficult to determine or even nonexistent.’
- ‘We could then choose to separate art from non-art dogmatically, or by popular opinion.’
- ‘Almost the last contact I had with him was after I'd written something to the effect that the membrane which once seemed to separate art from non-art was now entirely permeable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.