One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a drink) not containing alcohol.
- ‘Saturday night we went off to Alison's 30th, had a few non-alcoholic drinks, and left at about 11.’
- ‘We probably had the only non-alcoholic drinks in the whole place.’
- ‘Of course, he was drinking ginger ale, despite the jeering he had received at the bar when he ordered the non-alcoholic drink.’
- ‘The market for non-alcoholic drinks in Asia is all about big names, big bucks and huge, thirsty populations.’
- ‘Free meals will still be provided in first class, and the airline will continue to offer free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks to all passengers.’
- ‘After dancing for a while and then getting a few non-alcoholic drinks, they sat down on a towel right underneath the boardwalk.’
- ‘Bingo halls can also link games and offer unlimited winnings, while betting shops can offer food and non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘By the way, we were talking about non-alcoholic drinks from the gas station.’
- ‘Once we were done, we headed back into the club for some fun dancing and yummy non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘Adjacent to the restaurant is a bar, which is well stocked with an assortment of alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘One example is a non-alcoholic drink, called Malta, which is now being successfully marketed in Asia and Africa.’
- ‘The restaurant allowed patrons who ordered a non-alcoholic drink to have one free refill per order, if they wished it.’
- ‘It must have been that glass of non-alcoholic beer I drank too quickly.’
- ‘So she avoided him and went off in search of a non-alcoholic drink.’
- ‘I think it would also be nice for the Saint Vincent de Paul people to provide watering stations so the walkers could stop at chapels and be given cool, non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘The bar has a traditional bar counter where alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are served and an adjoining food servery selling typical pub food.’
- ‘Three new alcoholic and two non-alcoholic beverages were created.’
- ‘This person drinks only non-alcoholic beverages to ensure that friends or loved ones get home safety.’
- ‘They found more young people in mainland Europe were switching to non-alcoholic drinks as part of a drive for healthier lifestyles.’
- ‘Sitting on a stool, she held onto her non-alcoholic drink with one hand and tapped her fingers on the counter of the bar with the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.