One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not subject to adjustment or modification.‘nonadjustable legs’
- ‘This is a stout, machined-aluminum reel with a simple, nonadjustable drag - fine for eight-inch trout.’
- ‘With minimal cant and nonadjustable legs, the bipod will be limited to use on flat terrain.’
- ‘It contains a nonadjustable propelling charge and a rocket.’
- ‘The stirrups were also short and nonadjustable, forcing the team members to ride with their knees uncomfortably bent.’
- ‘My smith had to do some modifications to the trigger because of its nonadjustable design.’
- ‘Would it be tight because of its nonadjustable design?’
- ‘Yes, it's lighter than their competitor's amping system, but it doesn't work as well and it's nonadjustable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.