One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a type of diabetes in which there is some insulin secretion. Such diabetes typically develops in adulthood and can frequently be managed by diet and hypoglycemic agents.
- ‘The patients in the study suffered from non-insulin-dependent diabetes, a condition where some, but not enough insulin is produced by the pancreas.’
- ‘Type 2 diabetes (formerly called non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult-onset diabetes) is different from type 1 diabetes.’
- ‘Women ages 55 to 69 who exercise most days of the week are 50 percent less likely to develop non-insulin-dependent diabetes, according to a study in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.’
- ‘This benefit was observed in both insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetics.’
- ‘Type two, or non-insulin-dependent diabetes, usually occurs in adults after the age of 40 and is extremely common in old age.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.