Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of malignant lymphoma distinguished from Hodgkin's disease only by the absence of binucleate giant cells.
- ‘Both Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma occur in children.’
- ‘These are known as Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.’
- ‘The cancers under study are soft tissue sarcoma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.’
- ‘Follicular lymphoma is the second most common type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.’
- ‘Patients should be warned of the possible development of malignant hematologic diseases such as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma during therapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.