One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The word ‘shooting’ here is a nominalization - a noun derived from a verb root.’
- ‘The grammatical analysis of both codes was based on passive constructions, mode, nominalization, lexical choice, and moderators.’
- ‘You might be able to infer from such a system, for instance, that ‘assignments’ is the plural form of the nominalization of the verb ‘assign’.’
- ‘And believe it or not, ‘reveal’ as a nominalization is pretty old, in fact archaic.’
- ‘Here, the nominalization is of ‘commit’ into ‘commission.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.