Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of rock music derived from hardcore punk, characterized by the use of loud distorted guitar and feedback.‘a '90s noisecore quartet whose songs all kinda sounded alike’
- ‘On paper, it certainly appears to be a perfect pairing, as such microtonal experimentalism seems an ideal foil for her extreme noisecore.’
- ‘Maybe the fact that I can listen to and enjoy such disconcerting, discordant, noisecore music means I'm not fit to walk the streets.’
- ‘They'd have been a pretty good act and a creditable noisecore band, but they way they seamlessly mesh this into a truly cohesive whole is remarkable.’
- ‘The lead vocalist destroys all preconceptions of noisecore with his guttural screams and his distinct projections.’
- ‘This is an excellent release for those of you crazy kids who are into noisecore or just feeling adventurous in your musical selection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.