One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While the light environment of shallow water crustaceans may vary dramatically on a 24 hour cycle, deep-sea species live in a much more constant light environment, similar to that of nocturnally active insects.’
- ‘Also, some prey species in both freshwater and saltwater environments are more active nocturnally than diurnally, this increasing their likelihood of capture by nocturnal-foraging Wood Storks.’
- ‘The two gerbil species are similar in their general ecology; they are both solitary burrow dwellers that forage nocturnally for seeds, which constitute large proportions of their diets.’
- ‘In nocturnally feeding waterfowl, increased feeding rates were found during daytime in seasons when nights were short, indicating that birds were compensating for restricted feeding periods.’
- ‘Our results show that geomagnetic cues are involved in the early morning orientation of nocturnally migrating birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.