One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An involuntary ejaculation of semen during sleep.
- ‘In point of fact, though, we no longer believe that monks who have nocturnal emissions are victims of demonic succubae, nor are they morally culpable; yet this was a common belief once.’
- ‘Dad lights up his pipe and starts talking about nocturnal emissions.’
- ‘I mean, you know, I remember when I was a kid being deathly afraid when I got to be 12 or 13 of what they called ‘a nocturnal emission.’’
- ‘The Indian researchers found that many of the main sexual concerns of south Asian males are focused on semen loss-from masturbation, nocturnal emissions and other causes.’
- ‘It is normal also to not have them or to not realize you are having the nocturnal emission because the semen may dry before you wake up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.