One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One's heavy workload or lack of tranquility is due to one's own choices.
- ‘There would be no rest for the wicked, and no rest for the weary.’
- ‘Once my mind goes in a particular direction, once I decide to delve into a particular subject, there is no rest for the weary.’
- ‘That means gays who eschew both the leftover left and homophobic right must carry out an ongoing battle on two fronts, with no rest for the weary.’
- ‘This time, Cherney was deep into mixing four different Stones DVD projects culled from the group's last tour; truly, there is no rest for the weary.’
- ‘So while the team finished the indoor season only weeks ago there is no rest for the weary as they prepare to head outside.’
- ‘There's no rest for the weary when the end of the long post-season grind demands as many as four cross-continent trips.’
- ‘We are organizing as you are gloating, because in this game there is absolutely no rest for the weary.’
- ‘I have a fairly busy week - no rest for the weary I guess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.