One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Designating a method of planting in which soil is not tilled but instead is planted by insertion of seeds in small slits, weeds being controlled by other means.‘a no-tillage tomato production system using hairy vetch and subterranean clover mulches’
- ‘This suggests that some tillage method that retains most surface residue might be better than no-tillage planting, if planting were not delayed.’
- ‘A killed forage sod mulch with no-tillage planting provides best soil and water management with corn.’
- ‘Many producers are successfully using reduced tillage and no-tillage seeding methods in Ohio.’
- ‘Poor weed control in conservation tillage and no-tillage cropping systems may result in late season survival of grass and broadleaf weeds.’
- ‘Farmers just beginning in ridge planting should use a complete no-tillage program for weed control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.