One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complete game in which a pitcher yields no hits to the opposing team.
- ‘People think that a pitcher who throws a no-hitter totally dominates the game, but that isn't always true.’
- ‘I can't imagine what a pitcher is thinking in the eighth and ninth inning of a no-hitter.’
- ‘After all, only once in baseball history have two no-hitters been thrown in the same park on back-to-back days.’
- ‘In a local high school game several years ago, a pitcher lost a no-hitter because of that scoring rule.’
- ‘Still, most catchers feel compelled to observe the unwritten rule about not talking to a pitcher when he has a no-hitter or perfect game working.’
- ‘He's one of four pitchers to throw two no-hitters in a single season, and at age 86, Virgil Trucks still receives stacks of fan mail requesting autographed photos and baseballs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.