One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colorless gas with a sweetish odor, prepared by heating ammonium nitrate. It produces exhilaration or anesthesia when inhaled and is used as an anesthetic and as an aerosol propellant.Also called laughing gas
- ‘Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.’
- ‘This patient, a young woman, had obtained her nitrous oxide from cartridges of nitrous oxide used to aerate cream.’
- ‘He underwent surgery under general anaesthesia with oxygen in nitrous oxide.’
- ‘Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and other gases are known collectively as greenhouse gases because they trap heat in the atmosphere.’
- ‘These gases, including carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, absorb heat more readily than do the main constituents of our atmosphere, oxygen and nitrogen.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.