One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oily liquid which is used as a solvent and as rocket fuel.
- ‘The titrations were done in 10 mM increments, up to a final concentration of 100 mM nitromethane.’
- ‘Clearly, the binding to DNA effectively shields the chromophores from quenching by nitromethane, consistent with an intimate association of the compounds with the nucleic acid.’
- ‘The fuel I used is 15% nitromethane which cost AUD $14.50 for a 1 litre bottle.’
- ‘This mixture was refluxed in nitromethane overnight and converted primarily to the all-trans isomer.’
- ‘To be eligible for competition, fuel teams must use nitromethane from one of the accepted suppliers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.