One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound with antibacterial properties, used to treat infections of the urinary tract.
- ‘If the patient has a urinary tract infection, nitrofurantoin may be useful.’
- ‘In four of the symptomatic patients (2 each with nosocomial and community acquired UTI), the organisms cleared with simple drugs like nitrofurantoin, amoxycillin and ciprofloxacin.’
- ‘In pregnant women and in community acquired infections, simple antimicrobial drugs like nitrofurantoin might still be useful.’
- ‘The disease can still be managed using short courses of traditional antimicrobials such as nitrofurantoin, mecillinam, or trimethoprim, according to levels of resistance in the local area.’
- ‘All pregnant women should be screened for bacteriuria and subsequently treated with antibiotics such as nitrofurantoin, sulfisoxazole or cephalexin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.