One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound with antibacterial properties, used to treat infections of the urinary tract.
A bicyclic furan derivative; chemical formula: C₈H₆N₄O₅
- ‘The disease can still be managed using short courses of traditional antimicrobials such as nitrofurantoin, mecillinam, or trimethoprim, according to levels of resistance in the local area.’
- ‘In pregnant women and in community acquired infections, simple antimicrobial drugs like nitrofurantoin might still be useful.’
- ‘All pregnant women should be screened for bacteriuria and subsequently treated with antibiotics such as nitrofurantoin, sulfisoxazole or cephalexin.’
- ‘In four of the symptomatic patients (2 each with nosocomial and community acquired UTI), the organisms cleared with simple drugs like nitrofurantoin, amoxycillin and ciprofloxacin.’
- ‘If the patient has a urinary tract infection, nitrofurantoin may be useful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.