One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Containing the nitro group.See nitro group
- ‘The first example is an aromatic nitro compound showing positive results in a bacterial reverse mutation assay in nitro-reductase proficient Salmonella strains only.’
- ‘As reported in the case of similar aryl amide and nitro aromatic derivatives, the proposed scenario is quite common when more than one type of inclusion complex is formed.’
- ‘Nitration with nitric acid alone, or in combination with acetic acid, acetic anhydride, or sulfuric acid, are common examples of adding nitro functional groups to aromatic hydrocarbons.’
- ‘The presence of the three strongly electrophilic nitro substituents in the TNT molecule makes the molecule reactive (in this case, as an explosive).’
- ‘Kod turned the SUV around and hit the nitro again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.