One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for nitroglycerin
- ‘Crash still runs around, collecting fruit for extra men, spin kicking enemies and butt stomping certain crates while avoiding those packed with nitro or TNT.’
Containing the nitro group.See nitro group
- ‘Nitration with nitric acid alone, or in combination with acetic acid, acetic anhydride, or sulfuric acid, are common examples of adding nitro functional groups to aromatic hydrocarbons.’
- ‘The first example is an aromatic nitro compound showing positive results in a bacterial reverse mutation assay in nitro-reductase proficient Salmonella strains only.’
- ‘The presence of the three strongly electrophilic nitro substituents in the TNT molecule makes the molecule reactive (in this case, as an explosive).’
- ‘As reported in the case of similar aryl amide and nitro aromatic derivatives, the proposed scenario is quite common when more than one type of inclusion complex is formed.’
- ‘Kod turned the SUV around and hit the nitro again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.