One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the mining industry, the production of TNT is made possible by the electrophilic nitration of toluene (methyl benzene).’
- ‘Nitric oxide can react with superoxide yielding peroxynitrite, an oxidizing agent that induces lipid peroxidation, sulfhydryl oxidation of proteins, and nitration of aromatic amino acids.’
- ‘The added ethyl group makes ethylbenzene about 25 times more reactive to nitration than benzene.’
- ‘The beneficial actions of hypercapnic acidosis were not mediated by inhibition of nitration of amino acid residues within proteins.’
- ‘Interaction of Cl 2 with oxides of nitrogen may also occur, causing the chlorination and nitration of various amino acid residues, particularly tyrosine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.