One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a branch of the Tsimshian people of British Columbia inhabiting the Nass River basin.
- ‘In an historic split decision, the Supreme Court in 1973 technically ruled against the Nishga.’
- ‘He taught the Nishga how to use it, and he translated the Gospels into English and Nishga - it was a great step in education.’
2The dialect of Tsimshian spoken by the Nishga.
Relating to the Nishga or their language.
- ‘The union says their claim is for actual compensation for lost lands while the Nishga case involves legal title land.’
- ‘It is with great interest that I read his’ argument in favor of the Nishga agreement, although with many reservations.’
- ‘Unfortunately, it was one of the Niska performances I happened to miss… I can't remember why.’
- ‘She has been teaching her the techniques of Haida and Nishga weaving since 1993.’
From nisqá’a, the name in Nishga.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.