One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a branch of the Tsimshian people of British Columbia inhabiting the Nass River basin.
- ‘In an historic split decision, the Supreme Court in 1973 technically ruled against the Nishga.’
- ‘He taught the Nishga how to use it, and he translated the Gospels into English and Nishga - it was a great step in education.’
2The dialect of Tsimshian spoken by the Nishga.
Relating to the Nishga or their language.
- ‘It is with great interest that I read his’ argument in favor of the Nishga agreement, although with many reservations.’
- ‘Unfortunately, it was one of the Niska performances I happened to miss… I can't remember why.’
- ‘She has been teaching her the techniques of Haida and Nishga weaving since 1993.’
- ‘The union says their claim is for actual compensation for lost lands while the Nishga case involves legal title land.’
From nisqá’a, the name in Nishga.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.