One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
- ‘That way, you can tell at a glance that Coke's shares haven't fallen from $72 to $50 since 1970, but instead have risen from the equivalent of 55 cents to $50-a ninetyfold increase.’
- ‘It was not, however, anywhere near the official statistic which claimed a ninetyfold increase in this period.’
- ‘Every situation is different, but we do know that Jesus will act like the sun, shining on our work and making it grow and bear fruit-perhaps even thirty or sixty or ninetyfold.’
- ‘When the company enters the spot market to purchase the energy supply needed, it learns that the price of energy has increased significantly-almost ninetyfold.’
- ‘If the church in America had experienced a ninetyfold increase in the past five decades (1950-87 million ‘church members’), we should have over seven billion people in church on Sunday morning!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.