Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In a nimble way.‘the monkey leapt nimbly from rock to rock’
agilely, lithely, acrobatically, lightly, easily, spryly, actively, quickly, smartly, brisklygracefully, supply, lissomly, flexibly, skilfully, deftly, dexterously, adroitlynippily, zippilyfleetly, lightsomelyView synonyms
- ‘Her long lithe limbs carrying her forward quickly and nimbly with me scurrying along behind her.’
- ‘That preparedness comes at the expense of being prepared to fight nimbly in a world of small, quick players.’
- ‘Though if you were watching, you'd find your heart in your mouth as they raced after balls and leaped nimbly over the barriers.’
- ‘It will have to move nimbly if it wants to survive among the mammoths.’
- ‘Many look to streamline the system to more nimbly counter the unpredictable terrorist threat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.