One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Muslim marriage.
- ‘I have only attended one nikah, in Lahore, Pakistan, when an American Urdu student married a young Pakistani man.’
- ‘To minimise the possibility of second marriage, registration of nikah must be officially made compulsory.’
- ‘Moreover, no one can say with certainty communal riots took place because Hindus perform satpadi and Muslims nikah or that Hindus have one law of divorce while minorities have another.’
- ‘The Prophet has directed us to make nikah a simple ceremony.’
- ‘When the village mullah hesitated at performing the nikah for such a young girl, the bridegroom put a gun to his head and the marriage was performed.’
Urdu and Arabic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.