A Muslim marriage.
- ‘When the village mullah hesitated at performing the nikah for such a young girl, the bridegroom put a gun to his head and the marriage was performed.’
- ‘The Prophet has directed us to make nikah a simple ceremony.’
- ‘To minimise the possibility of second marriage, registration of nikah must be officially made compulsory.’
- ‘I have only attended one nikah, in Lahore, Pakistan, when an American Urdu student married a young Pakistani man.’
- ‘Moreover, no one can say with certainty communal riots took place because Hindus perform satpadi and Muslims nikah or that Hindus have one law of divorce while minorities have another.’
Urdu and Arabic.