One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lasting throughout the night.‘a nightlong blizzard’
- ‘I didn't need a night-long reminder of my loneliness.’
- ‘The events themselves were described as consisting of night-long dancing to rhythmical sound carpets of purely electronic music.’
- ‘The penchant for late night-long drives has come as a boon for pushcart vendors selling a variety of ice-creams.’
- ‘The only part of this night-long excursion that we see is the ending.’
- ‘With a quiet word to his Mary, he started a night-long search, checking at the Gaming House, questioning other miners and searching the tracks and workings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.