One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Finnish countryside and the nightless night of the northern summer may for some also provide a unique opportunity to experience the "conflict" between day and night, the victory of light over darkness.’
- ‘It's an unpretentious, stylish and not particularly original B movie about space travelers marooned on a nearly nightless desert planet.’
- ‘Of the migration of geese, he had written, ‘The waste corn of Illinois is carried through the clouds to the Arctic tundras, there to combine with the waste sunlight of a nightless June to grow goslings for all the lands between.’’
- ‘There was no wind after they left for six days so they rowed and arrived at a nightless island called Lamnos.’
- ‘The nightless night can last up to 60 days in Lapland, and from the middle of June until August, the sun never sets but hangs low over the horizon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.