One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for douroucouli
- ‘We saw squirrel monkeys, capuchins, spider monkeys, peccaries, kinkajous, coatis, howler monkeys, tayras - a large mustelid that Martyn thought was a tree otter - pacas, night monkeys, giant anteaters and a tapir.’
- ‘This type of activity pattern, which is termed cathemeral, has been reported outside Madagascar in only one other primate: Azara's night monkey in South America.’
- ‘These two adaptations help the noisy night monkey steer clear of predators in the rainforest.’
- ‘The eyes of the night monkey lack the reflective layer behind the retina that most nocturnal mammals have.’
- ‘Medical management of the diseases of night monkeys is complex and requires close veterinary supervision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.