Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small dull-colored nocturnal lizard with large scales or bony plates on the head, found from the southwestern US to Central America.
- ‘Although abundant in their favored habitats, island night lizards are still sensitive to disturbance.’
- ‘Cicaks are also night lizards and are green.’
- ‘The desert night lizard is rarely seen, and was once thought to be rare throughout its range.’
- ‘Although generally diurnal, the majority of geckos, the night lizards, and the Gila monster are nocturnal.’
- ‘Even after death, a tree trunk on the ground provides a home for desert night lizards, ants, and scorpions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.