One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small dull-colored nocturnal lizard with large scales or bony plates on the head, found from the southwestern US to Central America.
Family Xantusiidae: several genera and species, including the desert night lizard (Xantusia vigilis)
- ‘Although generally diurnal, the majority of geckos, the night lizards, and the Gila monster are nocturnal.’
- ‘Cicaks are also night lizards and are green.’
- ‘Even after death, a tree trunk on the ground provides a home for desert night lizards, ants, and scorpions.’
- ‘The desert night lizard is rarely seen, and was once thought to be rare throughout its range.’
- ‘Although abundant in their favored habitats, island night lizards are still sensitive to disturbance.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.