One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A venomous nocturnal African viper.
Genus Causus, family Viperidae: several species, in particular the gray and black C. rhombeatus, common in southern Africa
- ‘The night adders, of which there are several species, are classified in the genus Causus.’
- ‘The night adders, in terms of the venom gland size to the body size, has the longest venom glands of all snakes.’
- ‘There are no leopards in the area anymore to worry about, but beware of the night adders which seem to like the indigenous forest below the cave.’
- ‘Every morning we shook our shoes for scorpions, and every night we ducked the night adders that fell out of trees.’
- ‘The egg-eater has a cats eye shape while the night adder has a round pupil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.