Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A venomous nocturnal African viper.
- ‘The night adders, in terms of the venom gland size to the body size, has the longest venom glands of all snakes.’
- ‘The egg-eater has a cats eye shape while the night adder has a round pupil.’
- ‘Every morning we shook our shoes for scorpions, and every night we ducked the night adders that fell out of trees.’
- ‘The night adders, of which there are several species, are classified in the genus Causus.’
- ‘There are no leopards in the area anymore to worry about, but beware of the night adders which seem to like the indigenous forest below the cave.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.