One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical climbing cactus with aerial roots and heavily scented flowers that open only at night and are typically pollinated by bats.
Genera Hylocereus and Selenicereus, family Cactaceae: several species, in particular H. undatus
- ‘From time to time, night-blooming cereus that is growing in pots will need to be repotted.’
- ‘The night-blooming cereus likes dappled shade in the summer and a sunny window in the winter.’
- ‘The desert night-blooming cereus is a root succulent, possessing a tuberous root, commonly weighing between 5 and 15 pounds.’
- ‘Can you believe that the University of Hawaii has a hedge of night-blooming cereuses?’
- ‘I had seen one in bloom in the Exotic Items Collection of the SNW National Botanical Gardens: the rare night-blooming cereus.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.