Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for German silver
- ‘Sulfur is a harmful impurity in copper-nickel or nickel silver alloys.’
- ‘Nearly all were made of electroplated brass, copper, or nickel silver (a white metal alloy).’
- ‘Other individual metals and metal alloys such as nickel silver, copper, and scrap silver were less commonly used.’
- ‘Often the spoons were stored and displayed in special vaselike spoon holders called troncs de comptoir (literally, trunks for the counter of a bar), usually made of pewter or copper-plated nickel silver.’
- ‘These alloys, also known as nickel silver, are difficult to melt.’
nickel silver/ˈnikəl ˈsilvər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.