One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Satisfactorily or adequately in terms of the quality described.‘it's nice and warm in here’
- ‘Afterwards my sister took the younguns home, where they got off to bed nice and early.’
- ‘Now the book's no work of art, but it's certainly tightly plotted and nice and tense, which is all it set out to be.’
- ‘That is nice and clean, except none of that has happened in the Ching Cheong case.’
- ‘She had smiled, and it was nice and informal, but actually there is something slightly regal about her.’
- ‘I made a nice and easy swing in slow tempo, and there was no other way but to hit the ball perfectly well.’
- ‘I wanted to stay inside this shop forever as it was nice and warm and dry inside.’
- ‘The mash was nice and creamy, but not pulped to mush, and then there were some crunchy sweet potato crisps to top it all off.’
- ‘Harry Cat was still tucked up nice and warm, sleeping a deep and almost twitch-less sleep.’
- ‘I look at the pretty couples, nice and happy around me, and I want to be part of that crowd.’
- ‘The seats are nice and comfortable, with the sports seats on most models featuring extra side bolsters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.