One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female reporter or journalist.
reporter, correspondent, newsman, newspaperman, newspaperwoman, columnist, writer, commentator, reviewer, bloggerView synonyms
- ‘Tonight, newswoman and commentator Cokie Roberts on some remarkable women who helped make history as America's founding mothers.’
- ‘A graphic appeared on the screen next to the newswoman that was shaped like a flying disc.’
- ‘The newswoman stood in Buehler Park surrounded by a flock of distressed pigeons.’
- ‘I noted that the focus of the newsmen and newswomen was the numbers of people who had actually come out to vote.’
- ‘A newswoman was walking towards him with a cameraman right behind her, and she was holding a microphone out.’
- ‘She was previously the Post's Johannesburg, South Africa correspondent, and published a memoir of her newswoman's African journey.’
- ‘With her calm and assured on-camera demeanor, she seems the most aristocratic of newswomen.’
- ‘The newswoman oozed contempt from every strand of her short cropped bleached blond locks.’
- ‘I still think that newswomen of that era were outstanding, unique and strong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.