One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A server that receives and disseminates messages for a newsgroup.
- ‘Menu item "File: Newsservers" is used to configure the newsservers that are used to load messages from newsgroups.’
- ‘Those people who don't have access to newsgroups via their internet provider can use one of the following free newsservers.’
- ‘Many users look for and use free/open usenet servers, however as many of us know free newsservers die daily and people get tired of them and look for a paid provider.’
- ‘When I checked XTRA's local usenet newsserver while writing a feature article a month or so ago I found that there was quite a bit of hard-core porn lurking there.’
- ‘Note that not all newsservers allow posting - some are read only.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.