One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area in a newspaper or broadcasting office where news is written and edited.
- ‘There is a general understanding that what goes on in the newsroom stays in the newsroom.’
- ‘Often the trainees have Monday in the classroom and the rest of the week in newsrooms or simulated subediting.’
- ‘If you truly want a diverse newsroom and copy desk, you've got to do some searching.’
- ‘Reporters in newsrooms from Anchorage to Philadelphia signed on as well.’
- ‘The best journalists and newsrooms are ready for these moments and they are adept at applying their guiding principles.’
- ‘This may be the next step and part of a research agenda for further investigation of Web use in news media newsrooms.’
- ‘Other newspapers have formed them for both newsrooms and for editorial boards.’
- ‘The report catalogued a striking decline in the number of journalists employed in American newsrooms.’
- ‘The woman patched her through to the newsroom, where a reporter answered the phone.’
- ‘Will online, print and broadcast newsrooms creatively adopt these technologies as reporting tools?’
- ‘Plus, after ten years in newspaper newsrooms, I actually work better when there are other people around.’
- ‘I look around at the other mid-level managers and top editors in my newsroom and other newsrooms.’
- ‘While women are the majority sex at campus newspapers men dominate in professional newsrooms.’
- ‘How many communities are still getting their news from all-white newsrooms?’
- ‘Forces outside of newspaper and TV newsrooms have already decided that she will be known to the public.’
- ‘They go on all the time in newsrooms and editorial offices - or if they don't, they should.’
- ‘The great divide between the word people and the visual people is nothing new in newspaper newsrooms.’
- ‘If you have one, update it in light of lessons learned from newsrooms in the outage area.’
- ‘Twenty-two percent of women working in newsrooms are on the copy desk, which has been true for the past three years.’
- ‘The 20-year quest for parity in the number of journalists of color in newsrooms had failed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.