One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area in a newspaper or broadcasting office where news is written and edited.
- ‘The report catalogued a striking decline in the number of journalists employed in American newsrooms.’
- ‘Twenty-two percent of women working in newsrooms are on the copy desk, which has been true for the past three years.’
- ‘Often the trainees have Monday in the classroom and the rest of the week in newsrooms or simulated subediting.’
- ‘Plus, after ten years in newspaper newsrooms, I actually work better when there are other people around.’
- ‘The great divide between the word people and the visual people is nothing new in newspaper newsrooms.’
- ‘They go on all the time in newsrooms and editorial offices - or if they don't, they should.’
- ‘Other newspapers have formed them for both newsrooms and for editorial boards.’
- ‘The best journalists and newsrooms are ready for these moments and they are adept at applying their guiding principles.’
- ‘The woman patched her through to the newsroom, where a reporter answered the phone.’
- ‘If you have one, update it in light of lessons learned from newsrooms in the outage area.’
- ‘I look around at the other mid-level managers and top editors in my newsroom and other newsrooms.’
- ‘This may be the next step and part of a research agenda for further investigation of Web use in news media newsrooms.’
- ‘The 20-year quest for parity in the number of journalists of color in newsrooms had failed.’
- ‘Forces outside of newspaper and TV newsrooms have already decided that she will be known to the public.’
- ‘While women are the majority sex at campus newspapers men dominate in professional newsrooms.’
- ‘How many communities are still getting their news from all-white newsrooms?’
- ‘Reporters in newsrooms from Anchorage to Philadelphia signed on as well.’
- ‘Will online, print and broadcast newsrooms creatively adopt these technologies as reporting tools?’
- ‘If you truly want a diverse newsroom and copy desk, you've got to do some searching.’
- ‘There is a general understanding that what goes on in the newsroom stays in the newsroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.