A forum on the Usenet service for the discussion of a particular topic.
- ‘And many Internet providers have newsgroups viewable only to their own customers.’
- ‘Its basic advice is to avoid posting email addresses on Web sites or newsgroups and to use a filter, which is all pretty obvious, but its stats are quite interesting.’
- ‘Still, it's been fascinating to see how it's been debated in the message boards and newsgroups of the Internet.’
- ‘In chat rooms, newsgroups, and email, you usually do not see people's faces or hear their voices.’
- ‘He manages a small computer room in his spare time and likes to help Linux users on the Usenet newsgroups.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.