One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘it's easy enough for total newbs to pick up and play’short for newbie
novice, starter, learner, student, pupil, trainee, apprentice, probationerView synonyms
- ‘I bought SEOBook as an internet newb 2 years ago, after reading tonnes of schlock, it was great to get some solid information about how to market properly on the net, thank you for the resource.’
- ‘Also quite nice not to be the one paying the plane fare all the time (If some of you newbs haven't guessed yet - I live in Switzerland).’
- ‘It's hard, complex work that takes decades to master: newbs shouldn't expect a free handout and overnight success.’
- ‘While everyone will suffer in the course of finishing, it should be a particularly severe test in pain endurance for these three "newbs".’
- ‘The newbs will like it, says Bryant, because "It's a normal user account, so someone can use it for e-mail and mobile work, and see if it's comfortable for day-to-day use."’
- ‘Sorry, I'm still such a newb but what does "bootstrapping" mean in the SEO context?’
- ‘For you newbs out there, here's a crash course in txtspk.’
- ‘I met the GM on the day before the game (to get the backstory right, roll my character etc.) and, during the process, he commented on how I seemed to know a lot about the system (and role playing as a whole) for a complete newb.’
- ‘In our first forays into online Call of Duty we were abject newbs, innocent babes thrown into the deep end without our favorite swimmies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.