One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.
- ‘I had heard a little about this man and felt he was all right, but waited until after New Year's to write back.’
- ‘So using New Year's as a theme for this article, it's time to take a look back ten years ago.’
- ‘We all know that New Year's 2000 was one of the most overhyped events of our lifetimes.’
- ‘If you're planning on heading out of the city this New Year's, party it up at this West Island staple.’
- ‘One of my most fond memories of Croydon was a New Year's party in the Dog & Bull.’
- ‘In her New Year's address she tells people to relax because we are still better off than some countries.’
- ‘Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and excellent New Year's.’
- ‘He would miss Christmas and New Year's and his birthday and he would forever be seven years old.’
- ‘The period in question is the week following the New Year's party, during which a man was beaten into a coma.’
- ‘The little bit I did see was around where I spent my New Year's with the seal family.’
- ‘The New Year's celebration in the Square was in full swing and could be heard even here.’
- ‘A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.’
- ‘Mr Raistrick used the money to help throw a New Year's party - to which all the villagers were invited.’
- ‘He looked good for a party, but not the New Year's Party which everyone was going to.’
- ‘If you want more, rumour has it they're getting together for a special New Year's party.’
- ‘There will be two new episodes of the Vicar of Dibley for Christmas and New Year's!’
- ‘Finally my New Year's resolution was to quit work and dedicate more time to the children and the family as a whole.’
- ‘This lower Main upstart offers two rooms of tunes to tempt you this New Year's.’
- ‘It was a week after the New Year's celebration, when you feel so fed up with fireworks.’
- ‘A most blessed and joyous season is wished for all and the brightest of New Year's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.