One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.
- ‘The period in question is the week following the New Year's party, during which a man was beaten into a coma.’
- ‘He would miss Christmas and New Year's and his birthday and he would forever be seven years old.’
- ‘This lower Main upstart offers two rooms of tunes to tempt you this New Year's.’
- ‘If you're planning on heading out of the city this New Year's, party it up at this West Island staple.’
- ‘One of my most fond memories of Croydon was a New Year's party in the Dog & Bull.’
- ‘We all know that New Year's 2000 was one of the most overhyped events of our lifetimes.’
- ‘Finally my New Year's resolution was to quit work and dedicate more time to the children and the family as a whole.’
- ‘It was a week after the New Year's celebration, when you feel so fed up with fireworks.’
- ‘I had heard a little about this man and felt he was all right, but waited until after New Year's to write back.’
- ‘The New Year's celebration in the Square was in full swing and could be heard even here.’
- ‘The little bit I did see was around where I spent my New Year's with the seal family.’
- ‘A most blessed and joyous season is wished for all and the brightest of New Year's.’
- ‘So using New Year's as a theme for this article, it's time to take a look back ten years ago.’
- ‘A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.’
- ‘If you want more, rumour has it they're getting together for a special New Year's party.’
- ‘Mr Raistrick used the money to help throw a New Year's party - to which all the villagers were invited.’
- ‘He looked good for a party, but not the New Year's Party which everyone was going to.’
- ‘In her New Year's address she tells people to relax because we are still better off than some countries.’
- ‘There will be two new episodes of the Vicar of Dibley for Christmas and New Year's!’
- ‘Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and excellent New Year's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.