One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who rejects sexist attitudes and the traditional male role, especially in the context of domestic responsibilities and child care.
- ‘Bly laid the foundations of a new men's movement, distributed New Warrior News and wrote Iron John, which became a bestseller.’
- ‘For every sprinkling of new men, there are hundreds of thousands who aren't.’
- ‘During the week and between parental visits most of the blokes here are or are tending towards becoming new men, sharing household and family tasks equally and equably.’
- ‘Even the newest of new men likes to do the hunting.’
- ‘One woman, a partner in an international professional services firm, was not unusual in pointing out that all the close men in her life were ‘nurturing’ types or new men.’
- ‘Particularly as the children all came from families where the husbands were new men and did the cooking and changed nappies, and the women held down professional jobs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.