One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New industries, such as biotechnology or the Internet, that are characterized by cutting-edge technology and high growth.
- ‘A nostrum of the new economy is that new technology allows us to use less energy.’
- ‘Again the new economy of computers and internet technology is seen as the new driving force behind wealth creation in the States.’
- ‘What effect has the advent of the new economy and the internet had on your thinking and on marketing?’
- ‘What kind of jobs will Cleveland's new economy provide for its native residents?’
- ‘These are the lessons of the North for those who wish a prosperous future in the new economy.’
- ‘The good news was that California came out of its recession and the new economy took off.’
- ‘The new economy has also not prevented the recurrence of a recession.’
- ‘The Scottish Council Foundation has appointed three leading figures to its board, representing the new economy.’
- ‘Paulina Borsook apparently has a book coming out that (at least in part) says how selfish the new economy is.’
- ‘If our new economy is so reliant on pooling, then it's just a house of cards and will come crashing down.’
- ‘The key variable is the foreign investor, who is no longer seduced by the miracle of the new economy.’
- ‘In this new economy, fasting implies the refusal to participate fully in the wedding feast.’
- ‘Yet despite these links to the past, the new economy also raised new questions.’
- ‘A reasonable definition of the new economy has little to do with economics and a lot to do with culture.’
- ‘New irrigation initiatives, he claims, are taking the wealth of the new economy to the parched villages.’
- ‘And that could augur well for the longer-term development of the new economy in the region.’
- ‘They discovered a new world, and, in doing so, created what has come to be called the new economy.’
- ‘In the new new economy the currency is debt: borrow and buy, then borrow and buy some more.’
- ‘What smart steps should business leaders be taking to deal with Act II of the new economy?’
- ‘If there is a promise at the heart of the new economy, it is this: We should all do work that matters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.