One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New industries, such as biotechnology or the Internet, that are characterized by cutting-edge technology and high growth.
- ‘If our new economy is so reliant on pooling, then it's just a house of cards and will come crashing down.’
- ‘What effect has the advent of the new economy and the internet had on your thinking and on marketing?’
- ‘If there is a promise at the heart of the new economy, it is this: We should all do work that matters.’
- ‘New irrigation initiatives, he claims, are taking the wealth of the new economy to the parched villages.’
- ‘A nostrum of the new economy is that new technology allows us to use less energy.’
- ‘In the new new economy the currency is debt: borrow and buy, then borrow and buy some more.’
- ‘A reasonable definition of the new economy has little to do with economics and a lot to do with culture.’
- ‘In this new economy, fasting implies the refusal to participate fully in the wedding feast.’
- ‘The good news was that California came out of its recession and the new economy took off.’
- ‘And that could augur well for the longer-term development of the new economy in the region.’
- ‘The new economy has also not prevented the recurrence of a recession.’
- ‘The key variable is the foreign investor, who is no longer seduced by the miracle of the new economy.’
- ‘What smart steps should business leaders be taking to deal with Act II of the new economy?’
- ‘These are the lessons of the North for those who wish a prosperous future in the new economy.’
- ‘Again the new economy of computers and internet technology is seen as the new driving force behind wealth creation in the States.’
- ‘What kind of jobs will Cleveland's new economy provide for its native residents?’
- ‘Paulina Borsook apparently has a book coming out that (at least in part) says how selfish the new economy is.’
- ‘The Scottish Council Foundation has appointed three leading figures to its board, representing the new economy.’
- ‘Yet despite these links to the past, the new economy also raised new questions.’
- ‘They discovered a new world, and, in doing so, created what has come to be called the new economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.