Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of chiefly instrumental music characterized by light melodic harmonies, improvisation, and sounds reproduced from the natural world, intended to promote serenity.
- ‘In New Age music, however, the currency is in its predictability - it lays it all out for you with no surprises and no changes.’
- ‘That makes it sound like some limp New Age music.’
- ‘Softly accompanied by New Age music, an elliptical disk of light crawls up the wall, its contour becoming fuller as it approaches the ceiling.’
- ‘Taima's songs range in style, reflecting a fusion of rock, pop, New Age music and jazz.’
- ‘He played with much more freedom and tonal allure in his own composition August - a pleasant, if unmemorable essay in New Age music (in the manner of Yanni).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.