One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of chiefly instrumental music characterized by light melodic harmonies, improvisation, and sounds reproduced from the natural world, intended to promote serenity.
- ‘He played with much more freedom and tonal allure in his own composition August - a pleasant, if unmemorable essay in New Age music (in the manner of Yanni).’
- ‘In New Age music, however, the currency is in its predictability - it lays it all out for you with no surprises and no changes.’
- ‘Taima's songs range in style, reflecting a fusion of rock, pop, New Age music and jazz.’
- ‘That makes it sound like some limp New Age music.’
- ‘Softly accompanied by New Age music, an elliptical disk of light crawls up the wall, its contour becoming fuller as it approaches the ceiling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.