One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of chiefly instrumental music characterized by light melodic harmonies, improvisation, and sounds reproduced from the natural world, intended to promote serenity.
- ‘Softly accompanied by New Age music, an elliptical disk of light crawls up the wall, its contour becoming fuller as it approaches the ceiling.’
- ‘That makes it sound like some limp New Age music.’
- ‘Taima's songs range in style, reflecting a fusion of rock, pop, New Age music and jazz.’
- ‘In New Age music, however, the currency is in its predictability - it lays it all out for you with no surprises and no changes.’
- ‘He played with much more freedom and tonal allure in his own composition August - a pleasant, if unmemorable essay in New Age music (in the manner of Yanni).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.