One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Nevada or its inhabitants.‘the Nevadan desert’
- ‘The Nevadan desert's fragility, as well as beauty, is an argument for putting such toxic material in a place where the local ecosystem could more easily absorb the impact of a lesser catastrophe.’
- ‘He disappeared after taking off in a single-engine plane from a remote Nevadan ranch.’
- ‘The 25-year-old woman will fly to the Nevadan city this summer to be married to her partner of five years.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Nevada.‘a typically laid-back Nevadan’
- ‘More than half of Nevadans had an unfavorable opinion of him.’
- ‘Nevadans traditionally cherish the outdoors.’
- ‘The 32-year-old Nevadan has assembled one of the most impressive resumes in women's bowling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.