(of a cell or its contents) readily stained only by neutral dyes.
- ‘Peripheral blood eosinophil and neutrophilic percentages were measured by standard automated cell counter.’
- ‘Absolute cell counts of macrophages, lymphocytes, and eosinophilic and neutrophilic granulocytes were calculated.’
- ‘In three patients additional infiltration of neutrophilic leukocytes was present, suggesting histologic evidence of infection.’
- ‘Third, combined eosinophilic and neutrophilic airway inflammation may enhance eosinophilic degranulation through neutrophil protease activity.’
- ‘Histological findings include cellular infiltration with mixed round cells, neutrophilic in majority and disorganization of crypts with branching and dilatation.’
Late 19th century: from neutral + -philic (see -philia).