A neutrophilic white blood cell.
- ‘This removal of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophage phagocytosis is a critical process for the resolution of inflammation.’
- ‘Of particular interest was phagocytosis of platelets by neutrophils.’
- ‘A variety of white blood cells called neutrophils contain elastase, an enzyme that can digest elastin.’
- ‘Macrophages, lymphocytes, neutrophils, and eosinophils were counted.’
- ‘Necrotic material admixed with neutrophils and erythrocytes was present in the background.’