One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The central area of a hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.
- ‘He will have to address his impact on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and in the faceoff circle.’
- ‘The Lightning aggressively forecheck two men, taking away the D-to-D pass - even deploying the weak-side winger in denying the off side defenseman the puck in the neutral zone.’
- ‘And then in the neutral zone with the puck, he just shakes his head a little and he's by you.’
- ‘He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.’
- ‘Scott Niedermayer gliding effortlessly with the puck through the neutral zone.’
(before the start of a play) the imaginary zone running sideline to sideline from the front to the back point of the football.
- ‘The co-chairmen of the league's competition committee are as responsible as anyone for keeping pass rushers out of the neutral zone, which has helped give quarterbacks more time to throw.’
- ‘Why wait to get it back in the end zone or the neutral zone?’
- ‘In the offseason, the NFL competition committee recommended that officials no longer allow defensive players to line up in the neutral zone, right on top of offensive linemen.’
- ‘I can mark what he does in the neutral zone, how he handles the forecheck or makes the first pass on the breakout.’
- ‘So even though there haven't been a lot more neutral zone penalties, there has been less quarterback harassment.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.