One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of the two corners of a boxing ring not used by the boxers and their handlers between rounds.
- ‘And then the ref jumped in between us and ordered me to a neutral corner.’
- ‘Shuffling Williams back towards a neutral corner with the jab, Haye then unloaded a volley of heavy shots, ranging from a right cross, left hooks, to a booming uppercut, to a final right hook round Williams' guard.’
- ‘In round 7, both fighters almost tripped over referee Sam Garza as they quickly moved towards one of the neutral corners.’
- ‘A line of security guards stretched across the centre of the ring from neutral corners as the fight started without a traditional touching of gloves.’
- ‘Brimming with confidence, Sizani continued to stalk his adversary with an avalanche of punches immediately after the start of round five until Xhanga slumped to the neutral corner in a dazed condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.