Relating to the growth of nervous tissue.
- ‘Survival depends on the neuron receiving neurotrophic factors, such as nerve growth factor, which are produced by the target tissue and for which neurons compete.’
- ‘The most commonly used neurite-promoting factors include collagen, laminin and fibronectin and the most extensively studied neurotrophic factor is nerve growth factor.’
- ‘These new treatments include nerve growth factors, neurotrophic and neuroprotective agents, N methyl - D aspartate receptor agonists, b amyloid breakers, antibody treatments and even a vaccine against AD.’
- ‘Our study provides the first evidence of a strong increase of neurotrophic factors and receptors in infected human airways.’
- ‘Pigment epithelium-derived factor is a 50-kD protein with angiostatic and neurotrophic activities that regulates vascular development within the eye.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.